Lilypie First Birthday tickers

background

Monday, June 7, 2010

What We've Been Up To!


Well I'm now 33 weeks along! Can't believe how fast time is going by!
This week Audrey weighs a little over 4 pounds (PINEAPPLE) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a cone-head like appearance). These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.




We just returned from an awesome trip to Myrtle Beach, SC with some great friends (Brett & Missy)! Got some much needed rest, sun, and yummy seafood!

We played lots of putt-putt! I'm really stepping up my game with all the practice! I've been only a few strokes away from beating Evan. Think the belly actually helps my strategy which is: no thinking, no aiming, no measuring - just whack it!!


Been spending lots of time resting and taking naps...Ahhhh...which usually also involves cuddling with my furry children! Both of these activities will probably be very lacking after Audrey gets here so I'm trying to enjoy as much as possible!



We saw a beautiful rainbow! It was definitely the biggest one I've ever seen and I couldn't even get the other half in the picture. There was even the start of a double rainbow that doesn't show up in the picture.


Evan, Brett, Missy, and I went to the Renaissance Festival a few weekends ago! We spent the day eating, people watching, and figuring out a way to budget our money to get more eating done! Ummmm a fried snickers was the best thing I've ever eaten! I was actually hoping it was going to be disgusting so that I would never want to eat that heart attack on a stick again but of course that ooey gooey goodness was oh so delightful and I've had fond thoughts of it ever since! However, I believe one per year will have to do if I want to keep my arteries open. We also ate some corn on the cob like ye olde wenches but missed out on the turkey legs since they were sadly sold out :(

Evan and Brett did some bow and arrow shooting!




New Pregnancy Adventures:

Belly Button: Gone
I can still paint my toenails and shave my legs!! I did have Evan tie my shoes the other day though!
Lots of baby hiccups
Maternity clothes officially fitting and some even getting a little snug: gained 25 lbs so far!
Feels like I'm breathing through a straw...squooshed lungs
Feels like I have a full tummy faster...squooshed stomach
Tired of going, going, going...squooshed bladder
Craving: fruit (peaches mostly), ice cream, & cereal

1 comment:

  1. there is no way you have gained 25 pounds...I don't believe it!

    ReplyDelete