Lilypie First Birthday tickers

background

Monday, April 18, 2011

9 Months and No Excuses - well maybe a few...


Shopping with Ellie

Ok, so the last few months the blogging thing has felt like a chore. I haven't felt like doing it, I don't feel like doing it now, but I need to do this and it will feel good when I'm done. I want my little girl to read these when she is older and to know how much I love her and love watching her grow. I love being her momma so much that I feel guilty not spending this time with her, we are staying super busy, and let's face it, Audrey, Momma's a little lazy! - when she gets her spare time that is. On top of baby (poo diapers, 3 meals a day, bottles, CRAWLING, don't eat that, where are you? snuggles, nap time, playtime, bathtime, bedtime, etc), hubby, cleaning, cleaning, more cleaning, grocery shopping, shopping in general, church, family & friends (great for sanity), gardening, etc. there just isn't much time leftover and when there is I DON'T WANT TO BLOG. Which is odd because I love talking about my lil un and it's easy but it's just the getting there. And it feels so good after.


Let me just keep rolling with the excuses and a hint - we don't have a camera. I haven't taken a picture of Audrey with a real camera in about 3 months. They've all been on my phone. It's my fault, I broke our camera (yes, it was a coincidence that I broke it right after I started asking for a new fancy one). I left it out in the freezing rainy cold and it's capoot. We have taken lots of video of her. Haven't figured out how to put that on the computer. Another aspect of my laziness.

Here's what we've been up to:

The biggest news with Audrey is that she started crawling on March 24th around 8 1/2 months old. The sitting stage has definitely been the easiest! She would just sit and play for hours with all her toys. The crawling stage is pretty easy too because she's not super fast yet. I can't still keep up with her but occasionally I'll have to go find her as she is starting to explore more, and with that comes eating things off the floor and getting into things that are way better than her boring toys. She loves shoes, cords, dirt, cat hair, the springy door stopper, and climbing on the fireplace mostly. She hasn't ventured to the stairs yet but I'm sure it will happen soon - then out comes the baby gate. She's so cute when she crawls. I love watching her little mind work and where she's going. She's usually going after one of the cats (mostly Fiona who is very tolerant of her) and she talks to them in a crazy squeaky voice.

Audrey eats 3 meals a day. Usually oatmeal in the morning. And fruits and grains for lunch and dinner. Every now and then I'll throw in a veggie (which she won't eat). She will occasionally eat squash or sweet potatoes but she is definitely a fruitie. She also loves eating her puffs. I have recently started giving her our food - she will eat a tiny bit of noodles, canteloupe, honey dew melon - she will not touch cheese, peas, green beans, or bananas. She does not like juice. We are currently working on using the sippy cup but it's not going so well. Momma stopped nursing around 8 1/2 months. Audrey just wasn't interested anymore - too much to do with all that crawling! So now she has about 3-4 bottles of formula a day.

We don't have her 9 months check-up for a couple weeks so I don't know how much she weighs but I'm guessing around 16.5ish.

Audrey wears 6-9 months clothes

She has NO TEETH YET! "Where's your teefs" we ask her often.

She has started to dance a little when she hears music

She somewhat claps her hands and waves. She loves to clap her hands on someone else (usually Daddy's face)

She sleeps from 8pm (on the dot - we better be near her bed or a melt down will come) to 7am - and she doesn't want us to "put her to sleep" anymore :( she wants to lay in her own bed and go to sleep on her own! She's so grown up!

We traveled to San Antonio, TX in mid February for my brother's Air Force Basic Training graduation. It was a fabulous trip! I loved San Antonio especially the Riverwalk and I really want to go back. It was also awesome to see my bro graduate. We are very proud of our Airman!


Audrey's BFF Ellie arrived on Feb 27. She is absolutely beautiful and I know Missy and Brett and are eating up every minute with that precious girl.

Audrey also got a new cousin on March 14th. His name is Samuel and we can't wait to meet him! They live in London but are coming for a visit soon!

We are adjusting to Daddy having a job job. So far, it's been good. We miss him during the day but overall it's been good for our family. Daddy being away during the day has made Audrey a bit of a Mommy's girl. She is quite clingy to me - NOT THAT I MIND ONE BIT ;)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know you posted this a whole month ago! I'm kind of in a blogging slump too...it just takes so long to edit pics to upload and talk about, and I'm lazy too!:) BUT, I LOVE seeing all the new pics of that precious girl and Eli is getting very excited to spend a whole weekend with two beautiful girls...he's been working on his older boy impressing skills...like talking, running, and dancing. Beach time so so soon!

    ReplyDelete