Lilypie First Birthday tickers

background

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

For My Brother

My heart is hurting for my brother. I've been missing him so much while he is at Basic Training for the Air Force. His short phone calls and sweet letters have been making me so proud and holding me over til I get to see him again at his graduation. I've been looking forward to the day where I will get to see him with his new haircut and in a spiffy uniform! Unfortunately, he injured his leg around Week 6 of "boot camp" and he will not be able to graduate until he is healed and completes his last few days. He was SO CLOSE to being done! I can't imagine how that must feel. His letter talked about how he had gotten to be brothers with his fellow airmen - but now they will move on while he is in recovery. We don't know the details but hope he will be integrated in with a new flight group and will not have to start Basic Training all over again. It will depend on how severe the injury and how much physical therapy he will need.

I'm thinking of him everyday. He was so excited to see us at graduation, but now doesn't know when he will be able to see family since there are no visitors allowed on base. And, of course, his sweet heart went right to apologizing to people for purchasing plane tickets and hotel reservations.

We are proud of you Nathan! We love you, we miss you, and we are always thinking of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment